Monday 27 November 2017

The countdown is over

So here we are. 39 weeks and approx 7 hours until I am due at the hospital for my elective c-section.

Far from being the relaxing night I had planned by going out for dinner (last in a while), I have spent the last 12 hours being unwell with significant signs of early labour. Even though I didn’t write a birth plan this time around, this was certainly NOT part of the plan.

Given that we opted for an elective, while there was always a chance that things could get started naturally, I didn’t actually believe it. So after having awful cramps and braxton hicks for the last 12 hours, I have never been more ready to get this baby out!!

Surprisingly, I’m not at all phased by the thought of going through major surgery today....I mean it can’t be as bad as having to get shuffled through an emergency section, right? I know what to expect, have got the t-shirt and an ready to go! I should hopefully have more control and know what I’m literally walking into - both from a surgery perspective but also recovery.

Let’s just hope we get to that point.

Until then I have to start fasting in 30 mins and urgently need a bath to ease the agony of my abdomin.

See you on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment